Monday, July 12, 2010

A Unique Mom

We all have unique moms right? We can't say my mom is better than yours or your mom is better than mine. Somehow our moms are unique in their own way; some are good chefs, some can even be a dad at the same time or some are just simple moms.
Mothers are very special in our lives. They are the ones who gave birth to us, the ones who took care of us and most specially the ones who will mold us to be a better person. Maybe some of you don't like your mom but me, i definitely love her with all my heart even though sometimes we have misunderstandings.
For me, my mom can be considered as a "tanging ina", you know why? Because she was able to raise me and my big brother by herself. She was strong enough to work 24/7 just to see us well-provided with our needs. She never let herself lose hope though our lives had been covered with dark clouds and amazingly, she managed to become both our dad and our mom.
I've seen her cry many times and every teardrop breaks my heart bit by bit. I'm disappointed that I can't help her with her problems all the time because I really want to repay her for all the things she has done for me; from the day I was born up to now.
As you see, she has always been a very supportive and loving mother. She is and will always be my inspiration and as a daughter, i'll do anything for her. You know, just seeing her smile makes me feel very happy: happy that even just for a moment she has enjoyed her life as a free person. I know that behind her smiles are hundreds of problems and how I wish that I could help her but I believe that she can handle all these things because after all, she is a very strong woman and does have a strong faith in God. Though I may not help her with these problems, I'll make her happy in my own simple ways.
To be honest, we also have misunderstandings but we are able to resolve it in just a matter of time. As a mother, she acts very over-protective but I understand her for that because what kind of mother wants her child to take the wrong turn, right?
Now, she still works as a government employee and in order to provide us with the things we need she has to be separate from us every weekdays. She works to a 2-hour drive city from our home and she needs to be there for the whole week; though she comes home every friday to spend her weekend with us. In fact, she just left this morning and went to work. Oh! How I miss her cuddles and her hugs already, that when I have the chance to spend another time with her I'll really make sure it's worthwhile. But even if she's not always beside me, I know she's always behind my back ready to support me anytime and though she's far away from us, I understand the reason why: that is to make a living and be able to make sure that we can reach our goals in the near future.
You see, you guys are lucky if you have your mom always there beside you at all times and even if they scold you, just put in your mind that they're doing this because they love you and what they're saying is for your own good. If I were you, I would really say "I love you" to her every minute and make her feel that she wouldn't have to think of her problems anymore because we have each other. She is after all, your unique mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment